The annual July in the Sky celebration is scheduled for Tuesday the festivities are slated to begin at 6 p.m. at Henry Park and Downtown Rockville.
The fireworks show will commence shortly after dusk - estimated at 9:40 p.m.
Here are some tips from the Vernon Police Department and the Parks and Recreation Department:
• The rain dates are July 5 and 6.
• During the fireworks celebration, there will be several road closures, detours and parking restrictions:
• Route 74 will be closed between Elm Street and Court Street from 6-11 p.m. here will be a posted detour in place.
• St. Bernard’s Terrace, Park Place and a portion of Park Street will be closed to traffic as well.
• A number of temporary “No Parking” areas will be posted in Downtown Rockville, as well as the vicinity of Henry Park. Parking will be prohibited on South Street and some side streets will be posted with one-side only parking. Public parking is available inside Henry Park for $5. Walk-ins will be charged $1. All vehicles must enter Henry Park through South Street.
• The recreation department indicated that Henry Park will be closed to all recreational activities at 4 p.m.
• Pets are not allowed at henry Park or Downtown Rockville for the event.
• Skatebards and bikes are only allowed at the Push, Pedal Pull Patriotic Parade in Downtown Rockville and must be removed at the conclusion of the procession.
• Tower Road will be closed to vehicles and pedestrians from 10 a.m. until after the fireworks.
• If the fireworks are to be postponed a decision will be made at approximately 5 p.m.
Questions concerning the fireworks program and related activities may be directed to Vernon Parks and Recreation at 860-870-3520.
The recreation department indicated that Henry Park will be closed to all recreational activities at 4 p.m.