Mansfield's preparations for Hurricane Sandy are well underway, Mansfield Town Manager Matthew Hart told Mansfield-Storrs Patch in an e-mail Sunday.
Below you'll find some tips for the pending storm, as provided by the Town of Mansfield.
- Tips to prepare for a storm can be found at http://ct.gov/sandy
- If you experience power outages during Storm Sandy, please contact CL&P at 1-800-286-2000.
- If you have an emergency during the Storm, please call 911.
- If you need additional information, please call 211.
- In the event of downed power lines or downed trees, please call 911 to report them to the police or fire department. Treat all wires as if they are "live" (energized). Do not drive over downed lines, and if a downed line is in or near water, keep your distance from the water.
Check back with Mansfield-Storrs Patch for updates throughout the storm. And make sure you're Patch prepared for Hurricane Sandy. Even without power, there are still several ways to utilize Patch if you have a smartphone.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.