Moment of Silence
Friday, Dec. 14, 9 p.m. being organized as a Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/496089140413984/
The message from the organizer reads: "Words are hollow and there will be no solace for so many families this holiday season. But in my own way, I'd like to show my support for the families, far too close to my own home.
"I'll be on my front step at 9pm EST with a candle. Wishing the families all the strength they can muster. Wishing the world would take notice. Wishing the violence would stop.
"Invite your friends. Take a moment to reflect on what is truly important in this world - our children, our families, our common bonds, our love."
Tonight (Dec. 14, 2012 )
- Bushnell Park, Hartford, 7 p.m.
- Drew Hall at Asylum Hill Congregational Church, Hartford - prayer vigil - 6 p.m.
- On the Common Granby Center (South & First Churches Granby) – shared candle-light gathering – 6 PM
- First Congregational Church, Cheshire – church open for prayers and meditation - 6 to 8 PM
- Park Congregational Church, Norwich – church open for prayer - 6 to 7 PM
- Avon – open for meditation and prayer – 6 – 8PM
- Middletown, First United Methodist – 6PM
- Essex Fire House - community-wide, non-religious/religious candlelight vigil - 6:15 to 6:30 PM
- Milford, First – prayer service – 6:30 PM
- Newtown Congregational Church - prayer vigil - 7 PM
- King Street UCC, Danbury - prayer and candlelight service - 7 PM
- First Woodbury Congregational - community prayer vigil with candle lighting -7 PM
- Goshen Church of Christ, Congregational - longest night service - 7 PM
- Huntington Congregational Church, UCC (Shelton) - Service with prayers, silence, & scripture - 7 PM
- Baptist Church Meetinghouse on the town green, Branford (First Congregational & Baptist Church) - shared Prayer Service - 7:00 to 7:30 PM
- Rocky Hill Congregational church - community vigil - 7 PM
- The First Congregational Church in Bloomfield - Community Candlelight Vigil 7-8 PM
- South Britain - prayer service - 7PM
- Mansfield, First – prayer service – 7PM
- Bloomfield, First – candlelight vigil – 7PM
Tomorrow (Dec. 15, 2012)
- Goshen Church of Christ, Congregational-prayer service - Noon
- New Haven Green – United Church on the Green and Redeemer - candlelight vigil – 6 pm
- Roxbury – community candlelight gathering – no time given
- Norfield Congregational, Weston CT - Interfaith Prayer vigil - at some point this weekend
Sunday (Dec. 16, 2012)
Newtown High School - Community-wide prayer service - 7 PM. High School is at 12 Berkshire Road.