1. Today will be sunny with a high near 87, according to reports from the National Weather Service.
Whether you like it made with ricotta Italian-style or made with cream cheese New York-style, if you savor a slice of cheesecake on July 30, you'll be celebrating National Cheesecake Day.
Here are some fun facts about cheesecake:
2. Cheesecake is believed to have originated in Greece more than 4,000 years ago. It is also believed to have been served to athletes competing during the first Olympic games in 776 B.C. to give them energy.
3. The largest cheesecake ever made weighed a hefty 4,703 pounds. Philadelphia Kraft Foods Mexico made the giant cake, which set a Guinness World Record on January 25, 2009 in Mexico.
4. If fruit-topped cheesecake isn't exciting enough for you, how about cheesecake with such unusual ingredients as salsa, seafood, green tea, sun-dried tomato or wasabi? A quick online search will turn up recipes featuring these and other imaginative ingredients.
5. On the "The Golden Girls," the cast consumed more than 100 cheesecakes (the characters' favorite dessert) over the course of the TV show's seven-year run.