1. Today will be cloudy with rain and a high near 56, according to reports from the National Weather Service.
2. The is offering a from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For details, you may call 860-429-0262.
3. Today, Oct. 26, is Pumpkin Day in the United States. Pumpkins are the harbinger of the harvest season, appearing every year as the first sign of autumn. Did you know that the United States produces about 1.5 billion pounds of them each year? And that a Wisconsin farmer grew the largest pumpkin ever recorded? He used seaweed, cow manure and fish emulsion to grow his pumpkin, which weighed a total of 1,810 pounds and was said to be the size of a dumpster.
4. If you're looking for a way to celebrate National Pumpkin Day, then try out some of the recipes at the Pumpkin Nook. Here you will also find canning information and nutritional facts.
5. If you'd rather celebrate the day by carving a unique pumpkin design, then check out the funny ideas online at this link. Be aware, some of these patterns are a little risqué! If you want some wholesome, family-oriented designs for you and your children, then Family Fun magazine has lots of patterns online that are sure to please.