The Mansfield Area Lions Club has a long history of helping individuals and organizations (on the very bottom I listed some of those).
We hold one major fund raiser a year (the Mansfield Lions Fall Festival & BBQ). 100% of the money we raise (after we pay for materials) goes to all the Lions charities. Also, should anyone be interested in becoming a Lion they can contact any Lion, e-mail us at Mansfield_lions@hotmail.com or come by one of our meetings (6:15 on the 2nd & 4th Tue of each month at the Nathan Hale Inn & Conference Center on the UConn Campus).
What: Mansfield Area Lions Annual Fall Festival
When: Sunday, Sep 30th 12:00 – 6:00
Cost: Event Free, BBQ Adults $9, Under 12 $7, Seniors (60+) $8
Family Fun all day, classic car show, games for kids, moon bounce, goods & services auction, country store, health screenings, chicken BBQ (take-outs available), Model T Ford rides, new raffle competition (47” TV, Getaway for 2 to VT or Foxwoods and $300 at Stop & Shop)!
Car Show 12-4, Auction 1-3, BBQ 3-6
All proceeds go to support the numerous Lions Charities!!
Holiday Hill Recreation Center, 41 Chaffeeville Rd. Mansfield Center, CT 06250
Auctioneer: The amazing Ernie Eldredge
Many $1000 worth of auction items!
Some of the offerings:
7 framed posters-UConn Women’s National Championship Tm (led by R Lobo) signed by all players.
Nathan Hale Inn & Conf Center-1 night + breakfast
Nook Tablet MANY Gift Baskets
Many restaurant Gift Certs (including Altnaveigh)
Grocery store Gift Certs The Hoot
Oil changes Mansfield Community Center
Bike shops Heater cleaning
AND SOOO MUCH MORE!!!!
A large part of the money we raise is through a Raffle – those who do not want to buy a raffle ticket can always make a donation (ANY amount - $1, $5, etc. – would help).
What: Mansfield Lions Club Raffle
When: Now till 30 Sep (drawing 30 Sep)
47 inch LG LCD flat screen TV
Getaway for 2 to Fairlee, VT includes 3 days/2 nights at Lake Morey Resort (meals included)
Getaway for 2 to Foxwoods Resort and Casino 1 day/1 night
$300 gift certificate to Stop & Shop
Recent recipients of your generosity through the Mansfield Lions
• Boy Scout and Girls Scout Troop in Mansfield and Willington
• Mansfield Youth Service’s Wilderness Challenge Program
• Annual scholarships for two E.O. Smith High School graduating seniors
• Willington scholarship fund
• Diabetes research
• Mansfield Little League
• WAM (Willington, Ashford, Mansfield Soccer Association)
• Home at Last Capital Campaign (housing for veterans)
• Mansfield Community Christmas Basket
• Camp Rising Sun campership for youths with cancer
• Camperships for youth with special needs
• Lions Memorial Park Pavilion including fields and facilities for youth soccer
• Donations for eye examinations and eyeglasses for children and seniors in need
• Collecting and sending used eyeglasses for those in need in foreign countries
• Covenant Soup Kitchen
• Willington Food Bank
• Holy Family Shelter
• Willington Fuel Bank
• WAIM (Windham Area Interfaith Ministries
• Yale’s macular degeneration research program
• Lions Low Vision Center of Eastern Connecticut
• Connecticut Lions Eye Research Fund
• Emergency donations to individuals with special needs