Mansfield is looking to its residents for ideas.
The Town Council recently formed a committee to aid in the naming of streets and structures located in Storrs Center.
Mayor Elizabeth Paterson appointed councilmen Chris Paulhus, William Ryan and Carl Schaefer to the committee.
“We know there are many possibilities,” Committee Chairperson Ryan said. “The hard part will not be getting names but trying to differentiate among a great number of worthy people.”
- The person recommended must be deceased.
- The person must have served Mansfield in a volunteer or elected capacity for several years.
How to Participate:
- Send all nominations to Town Clerk Mary Stanton by mail at 4 South Eagleville Rd., Mansfield, CT, 06268; or
- Via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries should be accompanied with reasons the suggested person/people should be honored.
Deadline: Tuesday, May 15
The committee will bring its recommendations to the Town Council no later than Sunday, July 1.