The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's signature fundraiser, "Out of the Darkness" walks, will take place throughout Connecticut during October.
"When you walk in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention’s Out of the Darkness Walks, you join efforts with thousands of people nationwide to raise money for AFSP’s vital research and education programs to prevent suicide and save lives," the organization says. "The walks raise awareness about depression and suicide, and provide comfort and assistance to those who have lost someone to suicide."
There will be six walks in Connecticut in October. Here are the details:
- Oct. 5: Rockwell Park in Bristol
- Oct. 6: Farmington Canal Trail in Hamden
- Oct. 12: Sherwood Island State Park in Westport
- Oct. 19: Hamonasset State Park in Madison
- Oct. 19: University of Connecticut Campus in Storrs
- Oct. 20: Town Hall Municipal Center in Brookfield
For more information, visit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention website.